21st Birthday



I wrote this draft yesterday, but I didn’t get a chance to post it the same day because we had to leave the office early to eat breakfast, and I didn’t have internet. (No! I actually have internet on my phone, but it’s hard for me to edit and add words on my phone, so I had to wait until today—right now—to post it.)

If you’ll read this whole piece of junk, let’s just pretend and rewind back to the 15th.

It was my 21st birthday (yey!!). I celebrated my birthday at the office—sad, but not totally.

Nothing much special happened except receiving greetings from my office mates and closest friends. They surprised me with a cake—and it wasn’t just any cake, it was a pink cake! Yey!!

My mom greeted me a happy birthday through Messenger. Of course, that was also special, especially when greetings come from family.

I really appreciated the surprise. It’s been so long since someone made me feel this way.

At this moment, I will always hold on to the fact that some people still want me by their side and want me in their lives—as their friend.



I was in the midst of happiness when they began singing the Happy Birthday song.

My friends showed their ingenuity. (I’m happy to be given a chance to work with them.)

Time passes so fast.

What a birthday—having a cold!

I am too grown to play around (kidding aside). But still, it’s my birthday, and I’ll try to enjoy this amazing day.

(Mahaba pa ang oras.)

But I need to get some sleep since I am working the graveyard shift, so definitely there’s nothing special planned for today.

To be honest, I don’t like preparing something for my birthday (like a celebration or gathering). I’m not a fan of it. But my mother and sister love throwing parties even on my birthday. They usually prepare something like a simple dinner with cousins, relatives, and close friends.

That’s basically everything. I just wrote an entry about it and shared some anecdotes and feelings. (Hahaha!)

I’m kind of sad because I’m not home unlike last year, but thank you all for the greetings and wishes.


                                       (LOVEYOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!!)

PS. Yes! It’s true—nothing really special happened that day. I went to a friend’s house (we talked a lot), then returned home around 12 noon, and I just slept. (Yes, I just slept. Hahaha!)





Have a great day yow!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Para sa brokenhearted by:Marcelo Santos iii

I'll be here for both of you through it all

Pretentious Poet